What is the role?
LEA is hiring an Accounts Payable/Receivable Coordinator to join our Accounting and Finance team working from the corporate office in Markham. In this role, you will be responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable and receivable records, collections, reporting, and document management. It is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a successful track record of projects and strong financial results.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
- Minor GL reconciliations, as required.
- Receive and verify invoices from vendors, sub-consultants and Field Staff personal expenses.
- Code, process and post invoices and employee expenses in Deltek Vantagepoint, our accounting system.
- Seek proper approval from internal staff.
- Manage semi-monthly cheque run and mailing of cheques, and various forms of payment (Cheques, EFT/ACH/Wire Transfers).
- Prepare manual cheques as required.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Maintain A/P listing and vendor files.
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects related to the collection of aged receivables, including but not limited to:
- Prepare and distribute reports to Project Managers.
- Correspond with clients on overdue payments in a timely manner.
- Verify discrepancies by working with the client to resolve payment issues.
- Work with the Accounting team to resolve internal variances and required adjustments.
- Mail and email all invoices to clients; maintain a database of sent invoices.
The qualifications you need:
- Assist with the year-end audit, as required.
- Administrative duties including the preparation of supplementary documents for invoices, etc.
- Manage[FW1] the Corporate Services electronic and paper filing system (A/P, A/R, Government documents, Bank Statements, Correspondence, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
The work arrangement:
- A degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field, or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Experience in an Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable role is a major asset.
- Experience using Deltek Vision or VantagePoint is a major asset.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with experience using Microsoft Office 365
- Personable, and able to work well in a team and individually.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn