LEA is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Markham office. In this role, you will be reporting directly to the Manager, Office Administration, and being an integral part of the Administrative Team at LEA, the Administrative Assistant will support corporate and project-related initiatives.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Provide reception duties, including providing support to visitors, process incoming/outgoing mail and couriers, setting meetings, arranging conference calls, and other functions.
- Maintain and update Outlook calendars for Management.
- Detailed travel arrangements for Management and other staff as required including booking flights, hotel accommodation and car rental.
- Prepare and/or type correspondence materials.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing.
- Ensure compliance with office policies and procedures.
- Order supplies and general office needs and develop/maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Production of report submissions, and any other administrative support required by corporate and project teams.
- Coordinate catering for internal/external meetings.
- Ensure the formatting of all incoming and outgoing documents are consistent and aligned with our corporate branding standards.
- Coordinate and act as a liaison with Head Office departments, including Administration, Business Development and Marketing.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain and update Outlook calendars.
- Assist in office facilities, including building maintenance requests, individual employee requests, etc.
- College Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years minimum prior experience as an administrative assistant
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in-person
- An energetic self-starter who is able to multi-task and enjoy collaborating with a team of technical and support staff
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other department and/or external sources
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
should you require information or assistance.