Administrative Assistant (16-18 Months Contract)
Location: Markham, ON
What is the role?
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for various tasks including reception duties, providing support to department managers, including document formatting, and coordinating meetings. You will also assist with expense reports, timesheets, travel arrangements, and other administrative support as needed. You will report to the Administration Manager. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently. This is a full-time contract position with the potential for permanent employment. We will provide you with the training needed to equip you with the necessary skills and tools to excel in your role. You will be required to be in the office 2-3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Assist with preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Assist with submitting timesheets.
- Provide reception duties, including providing support to visitors, processing incoming/outgoing mail and couriers, setting meetings, arranging conference calls, and other functions;
- Maintain and update Outlook calendars, including adding events, rescheduling appointments, setting up meetings, arranging conference calls, and other functions;
- Detailed travel arrangements for Management and other staff as required including booking flights, hotel accommodation and car rental;
- Prepare and/or type correspondence materials and maintain electronic and hard copy filing;
- Order supplies and general office needs and develop/maintain relationships with suppliers;
- Production of report submissions, and any other administrative support required by corporate and project teams;
- Coordinate catering for internal/external meetings
- Ensure the formatting of all incoming and outgoing documents are consistent and aligned with our corporate branding standards;
- Coordinate and act as a liaison with Head Office departments, including Administration, Business Development and Marketing
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Assist in office facilities, including building maintenance requests, individual employee requests, etc.
- Ensure compliance with office policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The work arrangement:
- College Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years minimum prior experience as an administrative assistant
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person
- An energetic self-starter who can multi-task and enjoys collaborating with a team of technical and support staff
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other departments and/or external sources
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- College Diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to work both in-person and virtual.
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone. You will be required to be in the office 2-3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn