LEA is hiring an Administrative Assistant on a part-time basis to support the Markham Corporate Office. You will be an integral part of the administrative team reporting to the Office Manager and will support corporate-related initiatives. This is a part-time position working 2-3 days a week from the Markham office.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the office Admin Manager with the daily tasks.
- Work with various corporate and project teams to produce different documents and provide administrative support.
- Ensure the formatting of all incoming and outgoing documents are consistent and aligned with our corporate branding standards.
- Coordinate and act as a liaison with Head Office departments, including Human Resources, Accounting, Business Development and Marketing.
- Process incoming/outgoing mail and couriers; open, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare and/or type correspondence materials and maintain electronic and hard copy filing.
- Maintain and update Outlook calendars for Management; setting meetings, arranging conference calls, and other functions.
- Assist in office facilities, including building maintenance requests and other types of admin requests.
- Assist with preparing and submitting expense reports.
- Coordinate catering for internal/external meetings.
- Order supplies and general office needs and develop/maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with office policies and procedures.
- College Diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of experience in an admin role.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in-person.
- An energetic self-starter who can multi-task and enjoys collaborating with a team of technical and support staff.
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other department and/or external sources.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.