LEA Consulting Ltd. is looking for BIM Modeller to join our Buildings team located in the Downtown Toronto Office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful candidate will assist in drafting/modelling engineering designs for (Institutional, Commercial and Residential) projects.
Why Join Us?
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare models/drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD
- Continually monitor industry trends and developments in technology and adopt into the workflow when deemed appropriate
- Work with the engineering team to improve workflow efficiencies through the use of software that leverages BIM
- Develop and maintain the companies modelling/drafting standards
- Maintain and modify structural design layouts through the project lifecycle
- Liaise with peers from the client and/or other consultants to gather project information to develop plans, sections, elevations, details to deliver a coordinated design package
- Review the design of architects and other consultants to ensure the structural design is compatible and complete
- Take ownership of the production of documentation packages and drawings sets, and accurately record activities on projects
- Other exciting structural-related assignments.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in structural designs of buildings projects
- Graduate of an Engineering Design, Drafting Technology Program, or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of MicroStation would be an asset
- Able to produce structural engineering models/drawings for buildings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Team player, able to prioritize tasks with exceptional organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com
should you require information or assistance.