What is the role?
LEA is hiring a BIM Technician to join our Building Structures Practice Area. In this role, you will develop and prepare models/drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD, as well as collaborating with the engineering team to develop challenging and complex Revit models for a wide-ranging variety of structural projects, including Institutional, Commercial, and Residential projects. LEA offers a collaborative environment that provides opportunities for training and mentoring by industry leaders, all while engaging in meaningful engineering work.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
In the Building Structures Practice Area at LEA, we specialize in the structural design of buildings including commercial, institutional, transit facilities and built-form residential projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing, motivated individuals who strive to achieve the highest level of technical excellence and quality.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Is continuously involved in many exciting and challenging projects throughout Ontario and around the world.
- Allows for a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, canoeing and camping trips, skiing, bowling, treetop trekking, board games, baseball and hockey games, volleyball and softball leagues, and other charitable events.
- Hosts an extravagant overnight holiday party in Muskoka annually.
- Is an organization that is committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit as an employee-owned company, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Develop and prepare models/drawings from concept sketches and engineering designs using Revit and AutoCAD.
- Work with the BIM Manager and the Engineering team to improve workflow efficiencies through the use of software that leverages BIM.
- Review the design of architects and collaborate with other consultant models on BIM360, ACC or other platforms to ensure the structural design is compatible and complete.
- Maintain and modify structural design layouts through the project lifecycle.
- Liaise with peers from the client and/or other consultants to gather project information to develop plans, sections, elevations, and details to deliver a coordinated design package.
- Take ownership of the production of documentation packages and drawings sets, and accurately record activities on projects.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance measures are followed throughout the project.
- Continuously grow professional skills and knowledge through training sessions, seminars, workshops, and involvement in professional associations to stay updated on the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Assisting with managing other related assignments within the scope of the Building Structures practice area.
The work arrangement:
- Graduate of an Engineering Design or Drafting Technology Program, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in structural designs of building projects. Co-op work terms and interns are counted towards the experience.
- Good knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and/or Dynamo would be an asset.
- Able to produce structural engineering models/drawings for buildings.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the ability to complete multiple project tasks and meet tight project deadlines when required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond, effectively multitask, and capable of handling changing priorities within a demanding deadline-orientated environment.
- Self-motivation to continuously learn while completing assigned work tasks.
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone. Periodic attendance at our Toronto office is expected to facilitate in-person learning of new tasks with experienced senior staff.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn