LEA is hiring a CADD Designer to join LEA’s Civil Practice Area, we are looking for professionals with a proven track record of success in one or more of these sectors (Water Resources, Municipal, or Transit). The successful candidate will have strong experience in utilizing the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and Civil3D).
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare technical drawings for a variety of projects including Stormwater Management, Municipal Water Resources System (Watermains, Storm Sewers, Sanitary Sewers), Site Grading and Drainage plans, as well as Roads, Highways, Utilities and Transit projects.
- Create the projects drawings folder, project CADD templates and instructions.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects' progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Establish and control a quality management system to review drawings for readability, accuracy, presentation, and adherence to the design standards.
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks.
- Manage collection of as-built drawings and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction.
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends.
- Other exciting Civil-related duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree with a minimum of 10 years of progressive Transportation design-related experience.
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and Civil3D).
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.