LEA is hiring a Civil CAD Designer to join LEA’s Civil Practice Area. The successful candidate will have experience in utilizing one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and/or Civil 3D) to work on a variety of Civil projects, including (Roadways, drainages, storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, site grading, and utilities), the Civil Practice Area offers opportunities to work on other Civil sectors, including Municipal, MTO, Land development and Transit projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare technical drawings for a variety of projects including Stormwater Management, Municipal Water Resources System (Watermains, Storm/Sanitary Sewers), Site Grading/Servicing and Drainage plans, as well as Roads, Utilities and Transit projects.
- Provide design and CAD drafting assistance to engineers utilizing different tools such as (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, or Civil 3D) to prepare design and contract drawings.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects' progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Establish and control a quality management system to review drawings for readability, accuracy, presentation, and adherence to the design standards.
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day-to-day project management tasks.
- Manage the collection of as-built drawings and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Perform other exciting related tasks and duties within the scope of the Civil practice area.
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Engineering interns or Co-op terms is an asset and counted towards the experience.
- Proficient in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and Civil3D).
- good knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
LEA has a vaccination policy that requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering or working at any of LEA's office locations or project sites. Furthermore, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines in accordance with Health Canada's recommendation.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.