LEA is hiring a Civil CAD Technician/Technologist to join LEA’s Civil Practice Area. The successful candidate will have experience in utilizing one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and/or Civil 3D) to work on a variety of Civil projects, including (Roadways, drainages, storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, site grading, and utilities), the Civil Practice Area offers opportunities to work on other Civil sectors, including Municipal, MTO, Land development and Transit projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare technical drawings for a variety of projects including Stormwater Management, Municipal Water Resources System (Watermains, Storm/Sanitary Sewers), Site Grading/Servicing and Drainage plans, as well as Roads, Utilities and Transit projects.
- Provide design and CAD drafting assistance to engineers utilizing different tools such as (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, or Civil 3D) to prepare design and contract drawings.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects' progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Establish and control a quality management system to review drawings for readability, accuracy, presentation, and adherence to the design standards.
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day-to-day project management tasks.
- Manage the collection of as-built drawings and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Perform other exciting related tasks and duties within the scope of the Civil practice area.
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Engineering interns or Co-op terms is an asset and counted towards the experience.
- Proficient in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and Civil3D).
- Good knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.