LEA is hiring a Civil Designer (EIT) to join the Civil Practice Area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will provide Civil design work and modelling related to the Civil Practice Area, including working on Municipal, Land development and Transit projects.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing Storm Water Management strategy for different projects and municipalities.
- Assist with highway drainage design, filed investigations for road drainage system.
- Prepare drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Assist in the design of roads and highways including infrastructure upgrades using Civil-3D (InRoads experience is an asset).
- Attend internal project meetings, interface with other Engineers, co-ordinate within the design team.
- Assist in developing project specifications, cost estimates and quantity take-offs.
- Manage collection of background data (as-built drawings, reports and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction).
- Review background reports and extract relevant information for design.
- Extract sewer and road information from as-builts to use in pipe network delineation; assist with input/data entry for hydraulic modelling of sewer systems.
- Assist with hydrologic analysis for sub watersheds.
- Assist with hydraulic analysis for water crossings (bridges and culverts).
- Liaise with other departments and sub consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Gather utility information and assist with the preparation of composite utility plans and utility conflict identification and mitigation.
- Maintain professional growth and development though seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends.
- Flexibility to switch between different projects and tasks in a dynamic team environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, within the scope of the practice area.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of MicroStation/InRoads is an asset.
- Previous experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling software is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to achieving engineering excellence.
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.