What is the role?
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Western Ontario in the Civil Practice area, you will work alongside a talented team of Engineers and Designers to deliver a diverse range of projects, with a focus on Municipal Engineering. You will represent LEA as a Consulting Engineer at meetings with different stakeholders and clients and leading the design of Stormwater Management and Municipal Systems. This position offers an excellent chance for entrepreneurial individuals to join a dynamic, employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a proven track record of successful projects and financial achievements. We offer multi-functional learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Civil practice area, such as Transit, Land Developments and MTO Drainage and Hydrology.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
In the Civil Practice Area at LEA, we provide preliminary and detailed design of civil services to land development, transit, municipal, water & MTO projects. We have contributed to many landmark projects in these sectors. Our Civil practice is expanding graphically outside of the GTHA, and our Windsor office is growing.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Represent LEA as a consulting Engineer in meetings with different clients, stakeholders including Municipalities, and Transit Agencies as well as Private Land Developers.
- Design and Reporting of Storm Water Management Systems, Municipal Systems (Watermains, Storm and Sanitary Sewers, Roads) including Trenchless Design (watermain and sewer rehabilitation and various tunnelling techniques).
- Servicing Studies and Environmental Assessments including capacity analysis and modelling, Condition Assessments, Sewer Capacity Analysis, and Construction and Life Cycle Project Costing.
- Knowledge of CAD drawings requirements (AutoCAD and MicroStation) including use of Civil3D and InRoads.
- Manage the collection of background information and plan and review field investigations.
- Assist with the preparation of composite utility plans and utility conflict identification and mitigation.
- Seal various Engineering drawings and reports as required.
- Introduction to Project Management including project exposure and training.
- Attend project meetings and interface with clients and with other Engineers.
- Coordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day-to-day project management tasks.
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
- Manage project teams of designers and technicians.
- Participate in training activities and provide technical training for other members of the team.
- Participate in the preparation of Municipal, Land Development and Transit proposals.
- Continuously growing professional skills and knowledge through seminars, workshops, and involvement in professional associations to stay updated on the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Managing other exciting-related assignments within the scope of the practice area.
The work arrangement:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering with 5-8 years of experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Strong knowledge of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, and Civil3D).
- Strong knowledge of Municipal and Transportation Engineering principles, design standards and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. OPSS/OPSD, TAC, MTO, AODA).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn