What is the role?
You will be responsible for leading field inspection, construction administration activities, and coordinating contractors' schedules to ensure the successful delivery of municipal above-ground and underground construction projects. You will be coordinating and communicating with LEA’s engineering and project management teams. In addition, there are opportunities to participate in project design work and drawing development using CAD software. As well as opportunities to work on projects for the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) in the Northern and Western regions of the province of Ontario.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, and Environmental Management.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Oversee and ensure site inspection and contract administration deliverables are completed in accordance with client requirements and municipal guidelines.
- Review, interpret, and analyze the Contractor’s initial critical path schedule to determine conformance to the contract, and provide regular review and analysis of monthly critical path schedules.
- Lead, coordinate and monitor onsite inspection duties and ensure tasks are completed in accordance with contract drawings, specifications and construction schedule.
- Maintain accurate field inspector’s diaries and make sure they are kept up to date.
- Ensure that the contract quantities are accurately calculated for processing progress payments, change orders, and final payments.
- Implement and promote health and safety management systems in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and LEA’s health and safety requirements to prevent or mitigate incidents and injuries.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The work arrangement:
- Municipal college certificate/diploma with 3 to 7 years of experience in site inspection or contract administration of Municipal projects.
- Experience with the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) projects would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the OPS (Ontario provincial standards for roads and public works) Specifications, Standard Drawings, Design Standards and other related Construction and Design Documents.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in dealing with other staff, contractors, and the public, with matters arising from written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations.
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone. You will need a valid driver’s license as well as access to a vehicle for this position.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn