LEA is expanding its Construction Administration practice area. We are looking for a Contract Administrator for various MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) infrastructure projects in the northern and western regions of Ontario. You will be responsible for all aspects of contract administration for projects such as road-widening, road reconstruction, bridge rehabilitation, replacement projects, and other Ministry-related projects. It is an excellent opportunity for CAs with MTO experience to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a successful track record of successful projects and financial success. LEA offers opportunities for career advancement to management positions.
Why Join Us?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because if you want success, you can have it if you are committed, and at LEA, we are committed to success.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administration of complex bridge, roadway and highway construction projects.
- Oversee and ensure Contract Administration deliverables are completed in accordance with client requirements.
- Lead, coordinate and monitor onsite inspection duties and tasks are completed, and inspector’s diaries are kept up to date and accurate.
- Promote and oversee implementation of health and safety regulations.
- Maintain a detailed daily diary of the contractor’s work, instructions provided, overall issue, and change management.
- Review contractor activities are in accordance with the contract documents and requirements.
- Provide oversight and confirmation of completed contract quantities are accurately calculated for processing progress and final payments.
- Review, interpret, and analyze the Contractor’s initial critical path schedule to determine conformance to the contract, and provide regular review and analysis of monthly critical path schedules.
- Supervise and perform quality assurance acceptance and inspection of construction works.
- Coordinate specialty inspection and testing by sub-consultants.
- Liaise with the contractor and client representatives.
- Chair and lead project meetings.
- Provide interpretation and recommendation of contractor submitted claims.
- Negotiate price agreements, change orders, claims and work directives.
- Travel to projects across the province for extended periods of time.
- Registered as a P.Eng with PEO (Professional Engineers Ontario), or as an rcca (Road Construction Contract Administrator) with OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists).
- Direct experience as a Contract Administrator on a minimum of three MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) or municipal projects with at least two projects of value of at least $5M.
- Strong knowledge of the OPS (Ontario provincial standards for roads and public works) Specifications, Standard Drawings, Design Standards and other related Construction and Design Documents.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in dealing with other staff, contractors, and the public, with matters arising from written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites. Further, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations. Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
should you require information or assistance.