LEA is currently seeking a Contract Administrator with experience on MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) Infrastructure projects to join our growing Contract Administration Group, working in the Northern and Western regions of Ontario. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of contract administration related to various projects such as road-widening, road reconstruction, bridge rehabilitation, replacement projects, and other related Ministry projects.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administration of complex bridge, roadway and highway construction projects
- Oversee and ensure Contract Administration deliverables are completed in accordance to client requirements
- Lead, coordinate and monitor onsite inspection duties and tasks are completed, and inspector’s diaries are kept up to date and accurate
- Promote and oversee implementation of health and safety regulations
- Maintain detailed daily diary of the contractor’s work, instructions provided, overall issue, and change management
- Review contractor activities are in accordance to the contract documents and requirements
- Provide oversight and confirmation of completed contract quantities are accurately calculated for processing progress and final payments
- Review, interpret, and analyze the Contractor’s initial critical path schedule to determine conformance to the contract, and provide regular review and analysis of monthly critical path schedules
- Supervise and perform quality assurance acceptance and inspection of construction works
- Coordinate specialty inspection and testing by sub-consultants
- Liaise with the contractor and client representatives
- Chair and lead project meetings
- Provide interpretation and recommendation of contractor submitted claims
- Negotiate price agreements, change orders, claims and work directives
- Travel to projects across the province for extended periods of time
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years of municipal/highways project experience
- Registered as a P.Eng with PEO (Professional Engineers Ontario), or as an RCCA (Road Construction Contract Administrator) with OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists)
- Direct experience as a Contract Administrator on a minimum of three MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) or municipal projects with at least two projects having had a value of at least $5M
- Strong knowledge of the OPS (Ontario provincial standards for roads and public works) Specifications, Standard Drawings, Design Standards and other related Construction and Design Documents
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in dealing with other staff, contractors, and the public, with matters arising written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.