LEA is hiring an Electrical Designer on our Electrical team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with industry leaders with a record of success. The successful applicants will assist in traffic signal design and illumination work related to the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO), Municipalities and developer's infrastructure projects.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Traffic Signal design and Illumination design projects for a variety of clients, including the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO), Municipalities and Private Developers.
- Perform site visits, inspections, condition analysis, contract administration, and preparation of reports relating to existing and new structures (Highways, Roads, Bridges, Intersections, etc..).
- Prepare wiring diagrams, electrical details, and design of low voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Utilize tools such as AutoCAD and Microstation to design traffic signals and traffic control systems.
- Assist in developing project’s contract documents, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Senior Engineers.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Perform other exciting related tasks and duties within the scope of the practice area
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with power distribution design would be an asset.
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset.
- Familiar with one or more of the computer-aided design (CAD) software (AutoCAD and/or MicroStation).
- Familiar with design and calculation lighting software (AGi32 and AutoLUX).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to complete Professional Engineer designation P.Eng
- A desire to learn and continually develop.
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.