LEA’s Highways sector is growing! Join a steadily growing team of engineers and designers and help improve our highways throughout the province of Ontario with one of our reputable clients, the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO). You will receive mentoring and training from senior highway engineers and designers on a variety of highway design projects, including, but not limited to, rehabilitation/resurfacing of highways/roadways including highway interchanges and road intersections.
Why Join Us?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the detailed design activities for highway projects as per the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) manuals, design standards and guidelines.
- Attend project coordination meetings as required, and interface with internal disciplines.
- Coordinate within the design team and assist Senior Engineers/Designers and Project Managers with project-specific design and day-to-day project design activities.
- Assist in developing quantity takeoff and cost estimates.
- Assist in-field review/investigation of existing conditions of the highways and compiling field review reports.
- Coordinate with the utility companies/owners, and assist in organizing on-site utility coordination meetings.
- Maintain professional growth and development through on-job design activities, seminars, and workshops.
- Perform other related tasks and duties within the scope of the practice area as assigned.
- Bachelor of Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Engineering interns or Co-op terms, as well as design knowledge/experience of highway projects for the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO), is an asset.
- Eligible to register as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Good knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA).
- Good knowledge of Highways design principles (alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity takeoff calculation, pavement marking, signage, and constructability).
- Practical experience in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, and InRoads).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA has a vaccination policy that requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering or working at any of LEA's office locations or project sites. Furthermore, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines in accordance with Health Canada's recommendation.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.