LEA Consulting Ltd. (LEA) is currently seeking an IT/Electrical Systems Designer to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, in the Markham office. We are looking for people with a passion for systems design for buildings and urban infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Why Join Us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and prepare designs, models, drawings, and reports from conceptual design sketches and engineering plans for IT/Network Systems, Structured Cabling, Security Systems, Telecommunication, Audio/Visual, Low Voltage and other Building Electrical Systems;
- Provide production and project assistance to Senior Designers and Project Managers;
- Assist with developing contract documents including engineering drawings and specifications;
- Liaise with peers from the client and/or other consultants to gather project information and details to deliver a coordinated design package;
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations;
- Any other task assigned by a Senior Designer or Project Manager required as it relates to the successful completion of the project;
- Maintaining professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Technologist Program or Post-Secondary Engineering degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering (or a related field);
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment;
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills;
- The following would be considered an asset;
- Experience with AutoCAD or REVIT in Drafting/Designing of Electrical/Systems Layouts and Systems;
- Familiarity with relevant Ontario building and electrical codes;
- Technical writing experience in delivering reports and memos to clients considered an asset;
- Co-op or Internship experience.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.