LEA is hiring an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Designer to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, located at the Markham office. The successful applicant will be responsible for various systems designs, from conceptual design to commissioning, for transportation projects that involve Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Primarily in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems, and power distribution. LEA is managing a wide range of projects and opportunities in Canada, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. This is an excellent opportunity for young Engineers-in-Training with a passion for Intelligent Transportation Systems. We offer on-the-job training opportunities as well as learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop system drawings, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, and construction details.
- Assist in developing project specifications, quantity calculations and cost estimates.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other engineers.
- Prepare regular reports for various phases of design.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations to prepare reports relating to existing and new systems.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance are followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering.
- Strong interest and passion for ITS, related infrastructure systems, and technology.
- Familiar with design and drafting software (AutoCAD and MicroStation).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to complete Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- A desire to learn and continually develop.
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.
- Experience with low voltage power distribution design would be an asset.
- Interest in work across Canada, and internationally is an asset.
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset and considered towards experience.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.