LEA is hiring an Intelligent Transportation Systems Engineer, to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, located at the Markham office. The successful applicant will be responsible for various systems designs, from conceptual design to commissioning, for transportation projects that involve Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Primarily in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems, and power distribution. LEA is managing a wide range of projects and opportunities in Canada, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. The opening offers in-depth experience in project-leading roles for engineers who want to advance in their careers.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects from inception to completion; ensures that project deliverables are on schedule, within the scope and budget of the project.
- Lead the design and development of system drawings, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, and construction details.
- Lead and/or undertake the development of project specifications, quantity calculations, cost estimates, and reports.
- Participate in ITS systems inspections, testing and commissioning.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance are followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review of designs, drawings and calculations prepared by other designers and engineers.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations to prepare reports relating to existing and new systems.
- When in a Senior role, Act as a Subject-Matter-Expert (SME); make recommendations on work methods and procedures and technical innovations.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties.
- Identify and develop new and existing opportunities with public and private sector clients, participate in proposal development and project budget planning.
- Mentor junior and intermediate staff and provide quality control of the works prepared by other teammates.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil, or Systems Engineering with (5-10) years of direct experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Specialization in one or more ITS subsystems and experience with design-build projects is an asset.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or with another licensing body in Canada.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be an asset.
- Familiar with Ministry of Transportation of Ontario ITS/Electrical design processes, specifications, details, and contract document preparation would be an asset.
- Good understanding of design and drafting software (AutoCAD and MicroStation).
- Proficient with MS Office products, including MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in work across Canada, and internationally.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.