LEA is hiring a Project Management Office Manager to manage LEA’s Project Management Office and lead the delivery of LEA’s projects to Public and Private sector clients. The strategic objective of the PMO is to improve efficiency and effectiveness of project delivery, while reducing costs, increasing the quality of deliverables, and more effectively utilizing LEA’s resources to meet the clients’ requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will work with the Executive team and with the Practice Area Leads to develop and implement processes and procedures to lead the conduct of project management activities across the enterprise. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success.
Why Join Us?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because if you want success, you can have it if you are committed, and at LEA, we are committed to success.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage LEA’s PMO, to oversee the delivery of LEA’s project portfolio to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget and quality standards.
- Regularly review and update LEA’s Project Management Manual and provide revisions and improvements as required, including all SOP’s and policies related to Project Management.
- Manage the LEA Project Management Academy (LPMA) and oversee all project management training. Lead certification programs for project managers and project support staff.
- Uphold Project Manager Qualifications Standards and help with project manager career path development.
- Lead performance monitoring of LEA’s project portfolio and provide reports to the Executive team and work with Practice Area Leads to identify risk mitigation and recovery strategies for relevant projects. Provide regular assessment reports to management to determine the effectiveness of the Project Management process, project surveillance, supported by effective project performance trending and analysis.
- In conjunction with the CFO’s office, assist in developing project performance KPIs, including regular reporting of cost performance, schedule performance, EAC, & variance at completion for each separate project, recording and tracking findings, risks, opportunities for improvement, & best practices.
- Act as a senior project manager on LEA projects, as required and develop project plans by defining the accurate scope of work, cost estimates, schedules and deliverables to execute quality projects. Help in managing project implementation and provide advice and guidance as required.
- Oversee LEA’s Quality Management System (QMS) and promote technical excellence and quality assurance in project tasks and deliverables, and ensure all checks are performed according to LEA QMS procedures.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations. Ultimately solicit New Clients/Projects with a focus on Project Management Services.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Along with Practice Area Leads, participate in the career development planning of project managers and provide regular performance assessments.
- Establish and grow LEA’s project management capabilities incl. recruiting and developing Project Management staff.
- Participate in proposal opportunity discussions and evaluations for pursuits with regards to project risks, contractual risk, Project Management approach and staffing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or a relevant field and Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or P3/Design-Build experience is considered an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive documented project management experience with some complex infrastructure projects in a consulting engineering or construction environment.
- Proficiency in one of the industry Project Management/Scheduling software: Primavera/MS Project or other software.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of project accounting principles including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), cost performance, schedule performance, EAC, & variance at completion for each separate project.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to effectively communicate complex engineering and contractual issues with clients and internal team members.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.