LEA is hiring a Project Management Office Manager to manage LEA’s Project Management Office and lead the delivery of LEA’s projects to Public and Private sector clients. The strategic objective of the PMO is to improve efficiency and effectiveness of project delivery, while reducing costs, increasing the quality of deliverables, and more effectively utilizing LEA’s resources to meet the clients’ requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will work with the Executive team and with the Practice Area Leads to develop and enforce processes and procedures to lead the conduct of project management activities across the enterprise. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage LEA’s PMO office and assist with the delivery of LEA’s project portfolio to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget and quality standards.
- Lead performance monitoring of LEA’s project portfolio and provide reports to the Executive team and work with Practice Area Leads to identify risk mitigation and recovery strategies for troubled projects.
- Act as a senior project manager on LEA projects as required, develop project plans by defining the accurate scope of work, cost estimates, schedules and deliverables to execute quality projects. Help in managing project implementation and provide advice and guidance as required.
- Enforce LEA’s Quality Management System (QMS) and promote technical excellence and quality assurance in project tasks and deliverables, and ensure all checks are performed according to LEA QMS procedures.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations. Solicit New Clients/Projects with a focus on Project Management Services.
- Track and report on the status of projects, budgets, accounts receivable, and relevant metrics related to them.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Promote and formalize mentor/mentee relationships through the engagement of junior and senior Project Managers.
- Provide training & certification of the project managers and project support staff.
- Uphold Project Manager Qualifications Standards and help with project manager career path development.
- Provide regular performance assessment of induvial Project Mangers to their supervisors.
- Assess & Review the company’s project portfolio for compliance with project management policies.
- Establish and grow LEA’s project management capabilities incl. recruiting and developing Project Management staff.
- Provide input to Go/NoGo decisions for pursuits with regards to project risks, contractual risk, Project Management approach, etc.
- Provide regular assessment reports to management to determine the effectiveness of the Project Management process, project surveillances, supported by effective project performance trending and analysis.
- Help in developing project performance KPIs incl. regular reporting of cost performance, schedule performance, EAC, & variance at completion for each separate project, recording and tracking findings, risks, opportunities for improvement, & best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or a relevant field and Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive documented project management and managerial experience from complex infrastructure projects of which at least 10 years has to be in a consulting engineering or construction environment.
- Proficiency in one of the industry Project Management/Scheduling software: Primavera/MS Project or other software.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of project accounting principles including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), cost performance, schedule performance, EAC, & variance at completion for each separate project.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills to effectively communicate complex engineering and contractual issues with clients and internal team members.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or P3/Design-Build experience is considered an asset.
- Resource management and resource scheduling experience.
- Experience in developing or implementing a Quality Management System such as ISO 9001:2015.
- Experience from Deltek Vision Project accounting Software or equivalent.
- Good understanding of construction law and claim management.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.