The LEA Group (LEA) is looking for a Project Accountant to join our Accounting department in the Markham Office. Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Project Accountant is a dual role with invoicing responsibilities and a heavy emphasis on Project accounting duties. The latter would include: monitoring project status, ensuring project budgets are accurate and updated, communicating financial health of projects to Project Managers and Controller. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Why Join Us?
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard project accounting duties, including preparing project reports and invoices, setting up projects, monitoring project status, ensuring project budgets are accurate and updated, communicating financial health of projects to PMs and Controller.
- Meet with Project Managers monthly to correct and adjust projects for issues identified
- Prepare Joint Venture entries related to projects and maintenance of records (as required)
- Guide and support planners and engineers in Accounting software
- Support implementation of electronic invoicing, or other process changes as determined by the Corporate Controller
- Provide guidance and ensuring other Project Manager work follows best practices
- Review Estimated Cost to Complete analyses, provisions and revenue recognition recommendations prepared by others on the team
- Provide standard reports to aid PMs in their assessment of project financial health and the planning/ management of projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of project controls and reports, including accurate project budgets and contract values (updated for changes) to aid in the financial risk management objectives. Current initiatives include: project notifications, project profitability, project budget templates.
- Assist Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager in closing of month-ends and year-ends.
- Prepare year-end working papers as required by the company’s auditors
- Perform other project-related tasks as required by the Controller, Accounting Manager and CFO.
- A post-secondary degree specializing in Accounting;
- Minimum of three years in a project accountant role with an engineering consulting firm;
- Experience working in Microsoft environment (Outlook, excel, word);
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision is a major asset;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-past environment;
- A “can-do” attitude and proven accomplishments as a problem-solver.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. The LEA Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.