LEA is hiring a Project Coordinator to join the Transportation Practice Area - located in the Markham and the Downtown Toronto offices. This role would allow for the gradual advancement from project coordination tasks to managing projects fully as a Project Manager, the successful candidate will work with Project Managers and Senior team members in support of a variety of Transportation Planning AND Traffic Engineering projects. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. We offer multi-functional learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager and with various Technical and Senior Engineers/Planners to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Support the project team to develop a project timeline, create schedules, and oversee progress to make sure deliverables are met on time.
- Monitor and track the progress of the project and the project work, including schedules and budget to make sure the project is running smoothly and efficiently and to support the preparation of status reports.
- Proactively identify project budget and schedule problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Maintain project information, including hardcopy and electronic files.
- Coordinate information exchange and the relationship between project participants, such as stakeholders, sub-consultants, and between the project team, the client and other parties where applicable.
- Attend project meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent, with 4-6 years of experience in the Transportation professional field, with at least one year in the Project Coordinator role, would be preferred.
- Engineering interns or Co-op terms with the same/similar responsibilities are counted towards experience.
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT), and working towards professional engineering licensure (P.Eng.), with Professional Engineers Ontario, is considered an asset.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.