LEA is hiring a Civil Engineer (P.Eng) to join the Civil Practice Area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will provide Civil design work and modelling related to the Civil Practice Area, including working on Municipal, Land development and Transit projects.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and take on different roles as an Engineer working on a variety of Civil projects related to Municipal, Land Development and Transit projects.
- Represent LEA as a consulting Engineer at different client meetings and project meetings including MTO, Municipalities, Transit Agencies and Private Developers.
- Design of Storm Water Management Plan, Municipal Water Resources System (Watermains, Storm Sewers, Sanitary Sewers) capacity analysis and modelling, as well as Site Grading and Drainage plans, including MTO Drainage and Hydrology, and Culvert Inspections.
- Prepare CAD drawings using AutoCAD and MicroStation and design of roads and highways using Civil3D and InRoads.
- Introduction to Project Management including project exposure and training.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Engineers.
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day-to-day project management tasks.
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates.
- Manage the collection of as-built drawings and modelling data from Clients and Authorities having jurisdiction.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
- Manage project teams of designers and technicians.
- Gather background and utility information, and assist with the preparation of composite utility plans and utility conflict identification and mitigation.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Civil Practice Area.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering with minimum of 5 years of Civil experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Demonstrated proficiency/knowledge with relevant Provincial and Municipal guiding documents; Manuals, handbooks, and design standards.
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and/or InRoads).
- Detail-oriented and satisfactory problem-solving skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, flexible, and able to prioritize with good organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.