LEA is hiring a Project Manager to join the Transportation Practice Area - located in the Markham and the Downtown Toronto offices. This role would allow for the gradual advancement from a technical professional to a management role. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and support the delivery of various Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget and quality standards.
- Develop project plans by defining project timeline, create schedules, cost estimates, and oversee project progress to make sure deliverables are met on time within the scope and budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Track projects, budgets, and where applicable accounts receivable, and analyze other relevant metrics related to the projects to prepare regular status reports and to make sure the projects are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide regular assessment reports to management to determine the effectiveness of the Project Management process, project surveillances, supported by effective project performance trending and analysis.
- Proactively identify project budget and schedule problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Supervise and train staff to fulfill projects and the Transportation Practice Area objectives, this may include developing technical skills, and project management skills.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties, liaison with various parties including clients and/or reviewing agencies where applicable.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent, with 10+ years of experience in the Transportation professional field, with at least three years in the Project Coordination/Management role.
- Licensed or eligible to become a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario is an asset.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset.
- Good knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Demonstrated proficiency/knowledge with relevant Provincial and Municipal guiding documents; Manuals, handbooks, and design standards.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.