LEA is currently seeking a Project Manager/Contract Administrator to join our Contract Administration practice area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Why Join Us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with management of Contract Administration Assignments including roads and bridges, from due diligence phases to completion within competitive budgets and schedules;
- Develop agendas, conduct meetings, prepare minutes and other critical documentation, and develop action plans with appropriate follow-up;
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, professional manner;
- Prepare, organize and keep all project correspondences current in the respective project files;
- Review Contractors’ submissions (critical path schedules, change proposals, etc.) for compliance with contractual obligations;
- Check, review and approve all invoices/progress claims for correct quantity, unit price, percentage of work performed;
- Negotiate contract, pricing issues, and construction claims;
- Participate in the recruitment, training and coaching of Contract Administration staff to build and maintain the best team in the industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- Licensed Professional Engineers (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Construction Administration (Infrastructure);
- Experience as Contract Administrator on MTO or municipal projects is an asset but not essential;
- An energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential to working with this team;
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills to act as a facilitator and problem solver;
- Excellent MS Office skills;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Project are an asset;
- Highly detail-oriented and astute at identifying and managing priorities;
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle;
- Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.