Tired of the corporate grind? Then Come grow with us! Looking for an opportunity to feed your entrepreneurial spirit, grow your own team, choose your projects & clients, work with great people, and take ownership in your firm? If this sounds appealing, then come join LEA to experience the benefits of being part of an employee-owned firm. Our Civil Practice Area is looking for a dynamic Civil Sector Manager to lead, nurture, and expand LEA's Land Development Sector into the future.
Why Join Us?
LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects. At LEA, we have a goal, where every effort matters. We are more than an Employee-Owned engineering consulting firm. Self-realization and achieving the highest results that you commit yourself to is the highest possible aim. We want to see what you see and help you figure out what you don't see so that everything you are doing every day is related to the highest possible aim you can conceptualize. Join us and unleash your potential, because if you want success you can have it as long as you are committed to it, and at LEA, we are committed.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- Manage and lead the expansion of LEA’s Urban Renewal/Development Engineering/Land Development services for LEA’s Civil Practice Area within existing regions and new regions of Ontario, and across the other provinces’ as part of LEA growth initiative.
- Lead Business Development and Strategic Planning processes; provide valuable insights to the Practice Area and for growth perspectives.
- Responsible for setting strategic goals for the Urban Renewal service sector, as well as participating in evaluating the outcomes of those goals.
- Incorporate LEA’s principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in all levels of strategic planning and operations.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations.
- Responsible for the Service Sector’s joint venture pursuit agreements and participate in negotiating terms and conditions of project agreements with clients, joint venture partners, contractors and sub-consultants.
- Act as a Project Manager on projects and supervise other Project Managers when needed.
- Lead and manage teams of designers and technical support staff with the focus of growing and developing the sector in accordance with LEA’s corporate initiatives and growth plans and in collaboration with other Vice Presidents and Practice Area Leads.
- Responsible for quality management protocols and monitoring quality reviews as part of project delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with 10-15 years of experience in Land Development.
- Registered professional engineer (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) OR a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) with The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to market LEA’s services to senior-level industry and government stakeholders.
- A thorough understanding of the land development approvals process in Ontario
- Ability to manage clients with excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong financial and project management skills;
- An established network within the land development industry.
Work Arrangement and Vaccination Policy
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety. LEA has vaccination policies in place and adheres to the public health guidelines and mandates as required by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.