LEA is hiring Civil Sector Managers to join LEA's Civil Practice Area. This is a role for the Civil-industry leaders and champion entrepreneurs willing to leap in their careers. We are looking for professionals with a proven track record of success in one or more of these sectors (Water Resources, Municipal, or Transit).
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume a leading role in growing the Civil Practice Area via existing and new service sectors including City of Toronto Basement Flooding Studies, large water and sewer designs, MTO Drainage & Hydrology, and TTC/Metrolinx/IO transit projects.
- Lead, coordinate, and prepare proposals, expressions of interests and pursuits.
- Help promote the firm to current and potential new clients leveraging previous relationships with the City of Toronto, Metrolinx, TTC, IO, Markham, and the Regions of Halton, Waterloo, and York.
- Manage large scale multi-discipline Water Resource, Municipal, or Transit projects.
- Manage road, water resource, and utilities projects for municipalities throughout Ontario.
- Manage & supervise other engineers, designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of infrastructure projects including transit, roads, services, water resources & utilities.
- Manage private development projects involving SWM, utilities, grading, and site servicing.
- Assist the VP-Civil to train/mentor and assess new and current staff.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Mentor and train staff with respect to business development, project management, design supervision, tools and software, modelling, client relations, etc.
- Other exciting responsibilities within the scope of the Civil Practice Area.
- Bachelor of Civil/Structural Engineering degree.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in preliminary and detailed design projects involving multi-disciplines design projects, including functional planning and Environmental Assessment studies.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng. designation) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Experience in the management and production of contract packages including CPS and HICO.
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to market LEA’s services to senior-level industry and government stakeholders.
- Well established professional relationships with TTC, Metrolinx Infrastructure Ontario, MTO, TRCA, YRRTC, and GO Transit.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.