LEA is seeking Sector Leads to join our Civil Practice Area. We are looking for applicants with proven track record of success in one of these sectors (Water Resources, Municipal, or Transit).
Why Join Us?
- We are a medium sized employee-owned company with a Strategic Plan for manageable growth and expansion;
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- Our Strategic Plan prioritizes employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage large scale multi-discipline Water Resource, Municipal, or Transit projects;
- Manage road, water resource, and utilities projects for municipalities throughout Ontario;
- Manage & supervise other engineers, designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of infrastructure projects including transit, roads, services, water resources & utilities;
- Manage private development projects involving SWM, utilities, grading, and site servicing;
- Assist the VP-Civil to train/mentor and assess new and current staff;
- Lead, coordinate, and prepare proposals, expressions of interests and pursuits;
- Help promote the firm to current and potential new clients leveraging previous relationships with the City of Toronto, Metrolinx, TTC, IO, Markham, and the Regions’ of Halton, Waterloo, and York;
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology;
- Assist VP-Civil in growing the Civil Group via existing and new service sectors including City of Toronto Basement Flooding Studies, large water and sewer designs, MTO Drainage & Hydrology, and TTC/Metrolinx/IO transit projects;
- Mentor and train staff with respect to business development, project management, design supervision, tools and software, modelling, client relations, etc.
- Eng and MTO RAQs status must be maintained; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Civil/Structural Engineering degree
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng. designation) with Professional Engineers Ontario
- Minimum ten years of experience in preliminary and detailed design projects involving multi-disciplines design projects, including functional planning and EA studies
- Experience in the management and production of contract packages including CPS and HICO
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to market LEA’s services to senior level industry and government stakeholders
- Well established professional relationships with TTC, Metrolinx Infrastructure Ontario, MTO, TRCA, YRRTC, and GO Transit
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.