LEA is currently seeking Senior Acoustic, Noise and Vibration Engineers to fulfill key roles in new projects and in supporting our continued growth and development of the new business line in the Noise and Vibration field. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. Qualified candidates will have experience with architectural acoustic and vibration design, including evaluating, specifying, and designing noise and vibration controls for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems, as well as the understanding of the various standards and guidelines of the industry. Successful applicants will have demonstrated their ability to undertake noise and vibration impact studies using industry-leading approaches, methodology and software (Cadna/A, STAMSON, etc.) and/other industry specific software.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Noise and Vibration team to pursue work in the building acoustic, as well as other areas in the noise and vibration sectors.
- Manage multiple projects from inception to completion; Project deliverables are on schedule, within the scope and budget of the project;
- Undertake architectural acoustic and vibration design, including: Evaluating, specifying, and designing noise and vibration controls for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems;
- Sound isolation design for wall and floor-ceiling systems;
- Conduct sound level measurement and vibration measurement on-site;
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations;
- Be a Subject-Matter-Expert in own discipline, make recommendations on work methods and procedures and technical innovations
- Maintaining professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology;
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties;
- Identify and develop new and existing opportunities with public and private sectors clients, participate in proposal writing and project budget;
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff and provide quality control of the works prepared by other teammates.
- Some background in environmental noise and vibration impact assessment.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related Engineering degree with a minimum of (8) years of Noise and Vibration experience.
- Experience with architectural acoustic and vibration design.
- Experience with construction noise and vibration assessment and monitoring.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineers (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Solid experience with (Cadna/A, STAMSON, etc.) and/or other industry software.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.