What is the role?
If you are a highly motivated, results-driven professional with a passion for Civil projects with a focus in Transit, we encourage you to check out this exciting opportunity with LEA. Our Civil Practice Area is seeking a Senior Civil Transit Lead. The ideal candidate will bring experience in the Civil/Transportation industry, with specific expertise in Transit projects, capable of providing project management and technical expertise in the Civil design of Transit Infrastructure, across various modes of transit including BRT, LRT, subway, metro, and transit station facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to join the team of a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a successful track record of projects and strong financial results. This role will provide opportunities for career advancement within LEA.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a 70-year history. We provide engineering and planning consulting services in the areas of Transit and Transportation, delivered through all stages of a project – from planning, through all stages of design, to contract administration – through our highly technical teams across the Civil, Structural, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, Construction Administration and Environmental Management disciplines.
In the Civil Practice Area at LEA, we provide preliminary and detailed design of civil services to transit, land development, municipal, water & MTO projects. We have contributed to many landmark projects in these sectors.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and where nearly half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, high ROI and profit sharing through shareholding, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Work with our Transit VP in procuring transit work across all sectors of the firm.
- Lead the civil design of transit infrastructure projects for various transit agencies, including roadways, municipal services, utilities, drainage and stormwater management. A knowledge of track and signal systems would be considered an asset.
- Provide technical expertise in transit engineering, including reviewing and approving design plans and specifications.
- Act as a Senior Project Manager overseeing budgets, schedules, risk management, and project reporting.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and issues and take corrective action as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement in project management practices and processes.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that the design meets their requirements and expectations.
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, and other project team members to ensure project success and high-quality project deliverables within schedule and budget.
- Manage a team of engineers and other professionals to ensure the successful completion of project objectives.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to intermediate and junior staff to help them grow in their roles.
- Mentor and train staff with respect to business development, project management, design supervision, tools and software, modelling, and client relations.
- Act as an ambassador for LEA in promoting our services to both current and potential clients.
- Lead, advise and engage in the preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material if needed for the pursuits of various projects.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and pursue new business opportunities.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering with 10 years of experience in Transit projects.
- Strong technical skills in civil/municipal design of transit infrastructure, including BRT, LRT, subway, transit stations, regional railway corridors.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of clients and stakeholders, such as Metrolinx, TTC, YRRTC, MiWay, or other municipal transit agencies.
- Experience managing large transit projects is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to lead and mentor a team.
- PMP certification is an asset.
The work arrangement:
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.