LEA is currently seeking a Senior Engineer and Project Manager to join our Infrastructure Systems and Security group, in the Markham office. We are looking for leaders with a passion for systems design for buildings and urban infrastructure. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage multiple projects from inception to completion; making sure project deliverables are on schedule, within the scope and budget of the project.
- Management of project requirements, coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking project progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Provide production and project assistance to Senior Project Managers.
- Prepare designs, models, drawings, and reports from conceptual design sketches and engineering plans for a variety of projects:
- Telecommunication systems;
- IT and Network Systems; LAN/WAN networks, and cloud-based networks.
- Structured Cabling, Security Surveillance Systems, Audio/Visual, Low Voltage and other Building Electrical Systems.
- Assist with developing contract documents including engineering drawings and specifications.
- Liaise with peers from the client and/or other consultants to gather project information and details to deliver a coordinated design package.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations.
- Other tasks assigned by the Project Manager as it relates to the successful completion of the project.
- Maintaining professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Undertake business development initiatives and assist with proposal development.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering (or a related field) with (10) years of experience in Building, IT, and Infrastructure Systems design.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) or equivalent industry certifications.
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software AutoCAD or REVIT in Drafting/Designing of Electrical/Systems Layouts and Systems.
- Strong knowledge of relevant Ontario building and electrical codes.
- Excellent communication skills and technical writing experience in delivering complex reports and memos to clients.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, able to prioritize tasks with exceptional organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.