What is the role?
LEA is looking for Senior Inspectors for various MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) infrastructure projects in Toronto and the GTA. Successful applicants will work on various construction projects throughout Ontario. They will oversee construction activities and site works to ensure compliance with contract documents, drawings, and specifications through all stages of construction. The position provides the opportunity to strengthen your MTO experience and join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering successful projects and financial success.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
Our Contract Administration Practice Area at LEA, specializes in the construction supervision of the Ministry of Ontario Projects (MTO) in the Northern and Western regions of the province of Ontario.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Conduct inspection of (highways, roads and bridges) construction as per the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO) Construction Administration Inspection Task Manual (CAITM).
- Maintain accurate and detailed description of contract operations relative to the Contractor’s activities.
- Document work executed, and accurately measure quantities of work completed to support monthly progress and final payments to the contractor.
- Record actual time of construction and contractor activities including areas of work, movement of equipment, manpower and weather conditions.
- Ensure that all applicable milestone inspections are carried out and documented in the appropriate diaries.
- Maintain other diaries as directed by the Contract Administrator.
The work arrangement:
- Road Construction Senior Inspector Designation (RCSI).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
- Good knowledge of Ontario legislation and occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proven knowledge of MTO requirements and standards.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, material and equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to the work.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations. Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn