LEA is looking for Senior Inspectors for various MTO (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario) infrastructure projects in the northern and western regions of Ontario. Successful applicants will work on various construction projects throughout Ontario. They will oversee construction activities and site works to ensure compliance with contract documents, drawings, and specifications through all stages of construction. The position provides the opportunity to strengthen your MTO experience and join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a proven track record of delivering successful projects and financial success.
Why Join Us?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because if you want success, you can have it if you are committed, and at LEA, we are committed to success.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct inspection of (highways, roads and bridges) construction as per the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO) Construction Administration Inspection Task Manual (CAITM).
- Maintain accurate and detailed description of contract operations relative to the Contractor’s activities.
- Document work executed, and accurately measure quantities of work completed to support monthly progress and final payments to the contractor.
- Record actual time of construction and contractor activities including areas of work, movement of equipment, manpower and weather conditions.
- Ensure that all applicable milestone inspections are carried out and documented in the appropriate diaries.
- Maintain other diaries as directed by the Contract Administrator.
- Road Construction Senior Inspector Designation (RCSI).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
- Good knowledge of Ontario legislation and occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proven knowledge of MTO requirements and standards.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, material and equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to the work.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills, high accuracy and attention to detail.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated from COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites. Further, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
Ability to work flexible hours according to project schedules and travel to various site locations. Valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a vehicle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com
should you require information or assistance.