LEA is hiring a Senior Project Manager to continue the growth of the Buildings Practice Area. The Buildings Practice Area is managing a range of projects in the Commercial, Institutional and Residential sectors. This is a senior manager role to lead and manage a team of structural engineers and technicians with the focus of delivering successful projects. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the delivery of projects by leading and managing a team of Structural Engineers and Technicians with the focus of delivering high-quality projects and achieve client satisfaction.
- Act as a Senior Project Manager on preliminary and detail design projects and engage in design if needed to mentor and support Intermediate Engineers and other professionals working on the projects.
- Lead, advise and engage in the preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material if needed for the pursuits of various projects.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations.
- Monitor monthly revenue billing, costs and income to report on performance.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Other managerial and leadership tasks and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience in Buildings.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Strong leadership personality and strong people person skills; can interact and positively affect many different kinds of team members.
- Strong knowledge of buildings and structural principles and jurisdictional design guidelines.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.