LEA is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Modeler to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. Qualified candidates will have experience in formulating simulation models of transportation problems, utilizing a set of different industry software (Emme, VISSIM, AIMSUN and traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic). Successful applicants will have demonstrated their knowledge of transportation methods and transportation planning principles.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate simulation models of transportation problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters;
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary;
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of transportation related problems and to clarify management objectives
- Interpret data from traffic modelling software and incorporate into transportation models;
- Apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry and new evaluations and analysis to support the planning, design and implementation of transportation projects;
- Develop knowledge of and familiarity using travel demand modeling and analysis, project-level alternatives analysis and traffic operations analysis;
- Proficient skill in various macro/meso/micro modelling simulation in Emme, VISSIM, AIMSUN and traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic;
- Apply strong written and oral communication skills in presentation of work activities to internal project teams and external client and stakeholder groups;
- Other exciting transportation-related assignments as needed.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of modelling experience;
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT), or working towards professional engineering licensure (P.Eng), with Professional Engineers Ontario considered an asset;
- Applicable knowledge of transportation planning principles and jurisdictional design guidelines;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of industry-relevant software (e.g. AIMSUN, VISSIM, Synchro, Microsoft Office);
- Experience of EMME and TransCAD is considered an asset;
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment
- Team player, able to prioritize tasks with exceptional skills;
- Detail-oriented and satisfactory problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.