LEA is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Planner to join LEA’s Transportation Practice Area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of financial success. Qualified candidates will have experience in formulating simulation models of transportation problems, utilizing a set of different industry software (Emme, VISSIM, AIMSUN and traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic). Successful applicants will have demonstrated their knowledge of transportation methods and transportation planning principles.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a lead role in long range transportation planning, transportation demand forecasting, transportation microsimulation, and travel demand management.
- Apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry and new evaluations and analysis to support the planning, design and implementation of transportation projects.
- Formulate simulation models of transportation problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of transportation related problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Interpret data from traffic modelling software and incorporate into transportation models.
- Develop knowledge of and familiarity using travel demand modeling and analysis, project-level alternatives analysis and traffic operations analysis.
- Apply strong written and oral communication skills in presentation of work activities to internal project teams and external client and stakeholder groups.
- Other exciting transportation-related assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in planning and modelling.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario, or a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Applicable knowledge of transportation planning principles and jurisdictional design guidelines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of industry-relevant software (e.g. AIMSUN, VISSIM, Synchro, Microsoft Office).
- Proficient skills in various macro/meso/micro-simulation modelling in Emme, VISSIM, AIMSUN and traffic analysis software Synchro/SimTraffic.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, able to prioritize tasks with exceptional skills.
- Detail-oriented and satisfactory problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.