What is the role?
If you are passionate about structural engineering and excel in a consulting environment, we would love to hear from you. As part of the team, your daily responsibilities will involve collaborating closely with Engineers and Designers to tackle challenges and develop innovative designs. Reporting directly to a Project Manager, you will play a vital role in contributing to the success of our projects. LEA's Building Structures Practice Area is specializing in the design of structural engineering for a wide range of buildings, encompassing commercial, institutional, transit stations, and residential projects.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
The qualifications you need:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Civil/Structural with 2 years of structural experience designing steel, concrete, masonry, and/or mass timber structures for Commercial, Institutional, Transit or Residential projects.
- Interest in becoming a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng. designation) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code and reference material design standards.
- Knowledge of one or more of the Structural Analysis software (such as ETABS, SAP, and SAFE); working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, or MicroStation is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
The work arrangement:
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.