LEA is hiring a Structural Designer to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company of leading professionals with a solid track record of success. The successful applicants will provide structural design work and modelling related to highways projects, will also be involved in the design of other structures, including but not limited to Bridges, Transit Stations, Culverts, Retaining walls, as well as rehabilitation of different structures.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the detailed design activities for highway projects as per the TAC and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) manuals, design standards and guidelines.
- Assist in the design of new bridges, underground transit stations, culverts and retaining walls, and rehabilitation design of existing structures involving structural modelling and design of new structures.
- Attend project meetings, interface with clients and with other Engineers.
- Co-ordinate within the design team and assist Project Managers with schedules and day to day project management tasks.
- Assist in developing project specifications and cost estimates.
- Assist in-field inspection of existing structures and compiling inspection reports.
- Liaise with other departments and sub-consultants in coordinating technical aspects of the work under the direction of an Engineer.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Perform other structural-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Civil/Structural Engineering with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in designing highways for the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) projects.
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT), or a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng), with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA).
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and InRoads).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.