LEA is hiring a Traffic Analyst to join our Transportation Practice Area. The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in transportation, either in the public or private sector, and will participate in Transportation planning and engineering studies using a variety of tools, including transportation modelling and design packages. This is an excellent opportunity to work with industry leaders with a record of success. We offer multi-functional learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies using a variety of tools including transportation modelling and design packages.
- Collect, analyze and interpret traffic data to assess traffic impact and contribute to planning strategies and sustainable transportation solutions.
- Conduct travel demand forecasting, traffic modelling and graphical presentation.
- Undertake transit and traffic operational assessments and priority assessments.
- Maintain complete analysis of calculations records, statistical methods and project reports.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations.
- Evaluate a variety of projects to identify the impact on social, environmental, and economic aspects.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Other exciting transportation-related duties.
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related Engineering degree with 1 to 2 years of Transportation experience.
- Eligible to register in Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) or Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) is an asset.
- Strong command in MS-Excel/Spreadsheet.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills.
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.