LEA is hiring a Traffic Engineering Manager to join the Transportation Practice Area. This is a senior manager role to lead and manage a team of transportation professionals with the focus of growing and developing the business sector and the group, with the support of LEA’s corporate initiatives and growth plans. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well-established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the expansion of LEA’s traffic engineering group within existing regions and new regions of Ontario, and across the other provinces as part of LEA growth initiative.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations.
- Oversee the delivery of a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies, by leading and managing a team of transportation engineers and transportation analysts with the focus of delivering high-quality projects and achieving client satisfaction.
- Lead, advise and engage in the preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material if needed for the pursuits of various projects.
- Responsible for approving proposal fees; achieving revenue and income targets; managing utilization; and financial management.
- Monitor monthly revenue billing, costs and income to report on performance.
- Incorporate LEA’s principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in all levels of strategic planning and operations.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Other managerial and leadership tasks and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, or a relevant field with a minimum of 15 years of experience in Transportation Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario is required, certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is an asset.
- Strong leadership personality and strong people person skills; can interact and positively affect many different kinds of team members.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation principles and jurisdictional design guidelines.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety. LEA has vaccination policies in place and adheres to the public health guidelines and mandates as required by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.