What is the role?
LEA is currently seeking to fill 30 positions for Traffic Surveyors to join the Transportation team on the Peel Regional Traffic Count Data Programs. This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who are keen on gaining knowledge and experience in the field of Transportation. The contract offers flexible hours, ranging from 24 to 32 hours per week, Monday through Thursday, with a start date in mid-May 2023 and will conclude in Mid-June, or early July 2023. Eligible candidates will be invited to attend an in-person group interview. Training and tools/equipment will be provided. For more information about LEA, job responsibilities, compensation, and work arrangements, please continue reading this document.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
We have a history of delivering high-quality, widely known projects in the Transportation Practice Area, including Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Design, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Infrastructure Security Systems.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Utilizing the tools and equipment provided to observe and record counts of passenger vehicle occupancy, truck classifications, and bus occupancy at various stations throughout the Region of Peel.
- Data collection will occur between 5:30 am to 8:30 pm, Monday to Thursday, from May through June 2023. Two shifts will be available: an AM Shift from 5:15 am to 1:15 pm, and a PM Shift from 12:45 pm to 8:45 pm. There may also be additional counts in September 2023.
- Strong communication skills and a commitment to punctuality.
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for identifying traffic movement patterns.
- Will be required to travel to various locations within Peel Region.
- Access to a vehicle with a Full G license for transportation to count locations and ensure safety.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
- Hourly Rate: You will be paid $21.00 per hour with an additional 4% vacation pay.
- You will be compensated for the training time at the same pay rate.
- If you complete the full counting program and demonstrate exemplary work behaviour will be eligible for a bonus of an additional 10% of your compensation. Also, there will be opportunities to return to work on a longer contract or a full-time basis.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn