Join LEA’s Transportation Practice area as a (Project Coordinator) and collaborate with an elite team of Transportation Engineers and Planners to deliver a variety of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects for the public and private sectors. This role would allow for the gradual advancement from project coordination tasks to managing projects fully as a Project Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. We offer multi-functional learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager and Transportation Professionals; Senior Engineers and Planners to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Support a variety of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering project teams to develop a project timeline, create schedules, and oversee progress to make sure deliverables are met on time.
- Monitor and track the progress of the project and the project work, including schedules and budget to make sure the project is running smoothly and efficiently and to support the preparation of status reports.
- Proactively identify project budget and schedule problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Maintain project information, including hardcopy and electronic files.
- Coordinate information exchange and the relationship between project participants, such as stakeholders, sub-consultants, and between the project team, the client and other parties where applicable.
- Attend project meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, or equivalent, with 3-4 years of experience with at least one year as a Project Coordinator in the field of Transportation Engineering/Planning.
- Engineering interns or Co-op terms as a Project Coordinator are counted towards experience.
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and working towards professional engineering licensure (P.Eng.), with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) or working towards it.
- Good knowledge of transportation engineering principles and jurisdictional design guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as provincial and municipality design standards.
- Good knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Team player that shares the entrepreneurial spirit embodied by an employee-owned firm.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites. Further, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.