LEA is hiring a Transportation Design Manager to join our Transportation Practice Area, in the Markham office. We are looking for entrepreneurs and ambitious people to grow with LEA and help drive the business, a passion for success and self-actualization. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium-sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of Transportation Design projects, which include but are not limited to Municipal Roads, Transit and Engineering Development projects.
- Manage staff assignments to ensure project delivery is within the scope and budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Management of project requirements, coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties.
- Conduct design reviews: conceptual design, preliminary design, and functional design of various projects to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects' progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Compile tender documents and specifications for design projects entering the construction phase
- Assist in the preparation of various transportation-related proposals and technical reports/presentations.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and technical reports.
- Liaison with various parties including clients and/or reviewing agencies.
- Other exciting transportation-related duties.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree with a minimum of 10 years of progressive Transportation design-related experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects.
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads, and TORUS).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.