What is the role?
LEA is hiring a Transportation Design Manager to join our growing Transportation Practice Area. We are looking for ambitious people to grow with LEA and help drive the business, with a passion for success and self-actualization. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of a variety of projects supporting Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an Employee-Owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 69 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structural, and Construction Administration.
We have a history of delivering high-quality, widely known projects in the Transportation Practice Area, including Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Design, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Infrastructure Security Systems.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Lead the delivery of Transportation Design projects, which include Municipal, Transit, and Engineering Development projects.
- Manage project requirements and coordinate relationships with stakeholders, sub-consultants, and between the project team, the client and/or reviewing agencies where applicable.
- Monitor and track the progress of the project and the project work, including schedules and budget to make sure the project is running smoothly and efficiently
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Prepare regular status reports by tracking projects' progress and analyzing relevant information.
- Manage staff assignments to ensure project delivery is within the scope and budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Conduct design reviews: conceptual design, preliminary design, and functional design of various projects to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Compile tender documents and specifications for design projects entering the construction phase
- Assist in the preparation of transportation-related proposals and participate in the preparation and presentation of the technical report to the clients.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree with a minimum of 7 years of progressive Transportation design-related experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as municipalities’ design standards for development projects.
- Proficient in the use of industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads, and TORUS).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn