LEA is hiring a Transportation Engineer to join the Transportation Practice Area - located in the Markham office. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce detailed designs, quantity calculations and cost estimates for roadway, transit, and land development projects.
- Prepare design reviews, construction and traffic management plans, and pavement marking and traffic control plans for land development projects to ensure on-site functionality and compliance with relevant regional/municipal design requirements.
- Perform detailed swept path analysis to ensure operational user safety using AutoTURN.
- Able to supervise and mentor junior design staff with various design-related tasks.
- Produce tint surfaces, alignments, profiles, and detailed sections with Civil3D.
- Coordinate and communicate project information with other disciplines and clients (e.g. engineers, planners, architects, lawyers, property owners/developers)
- Undertake various transportation-related proposals, technical reports/presentations and briefing memorandums.
- Compile tender documents and design specifications for projects entering the construction phase.
- Manage project schedules, scope, resources and budget, and address potential conflicts by implementing risk mitigation techniques.
- Participate in project meetings with clients, public stakeholders, and other project team members.
- Other exciting transportation-related assignments as needed.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree with 5-6 years of progressive Transportation experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Applicable knowledge of transportation engineering principles and jurisdictional design guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as provincial and municipality design standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.