Join LEA’s Transportation Practice area as a (Project Manager) and collaborate with an elite team of Transportation Engineers and Planners to deliver a variety of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects for the public and private sectors. This role would allow for the full management of Transportation projects and gradual advancement to leadership roles. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. We offer multi-functional learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and support the delivery of various Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget and within quality standards.
- Develop project plans by defining project timeline, creating schedules, and cost estimates, and overseeing project progress to make sure deliverables are met on time within the scope and budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Track projects, budgets, and where applicable accounts receivable, and analyze other relevant metrics related to the projects to prepare regular status reports and to make sure the projects are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide regular assessment reports to management to determine the effectiveness of the Project Management process, and project surveillance, supported by effective project performance trending and analysis.
- Proactively identify project budget and schedule problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Supervise and train staff to fulfill projects and the Transportation Practice Area objectives, this may include developing technical skills, and project management skills.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties, liaison with various parties including clients and/or reviewing agencies where applicable.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent, with 5-6 years of experience in the transportation field, with at least two to three years in Project Management or Coordination.
- Licensed or eligible to become a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) or working towards it.
- A certified Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of transportation engineering principles and jurisdictional design guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as provincial and municipality design standards.
- Good knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Team player that shares the entrepreneurial spirit embodied by an employee-owned firm.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites. Further, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.