LEA is hiring a Transportation Engineer-Project Manager to join the Transportation Practice Area - located in the Markham office. This role would allow for the gradual advancement from a technical professional to a management role. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success. A certain culture has evolved which has enabled the company to employ self-motivated, achievement-oriented professionals in an environment of professionalism, self-management, customer focus, transparency, accountability, and respect.
Why Join Us?
LEA is a reputable, well established employee-owned professional services firm comprised of engineers and planners. LEA provides consulting services for planning, design, and construction administration of Infrastructure, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures and Infrastructure Systems projects.
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are a medium sized company with a Strategic Plan for growth and expansion;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies using a variety of tools including transportation modeling and design packages.
- Proficient in various traffic engineering analytical tools and guiding documents such as Synchro, Highway Capacity Manual, and Ontario Traffic Manual.
- Writing technical reports and memorandums for a variety of studies, including but not limited to transportation impact studies, parking studies, and operational analysis, transportation demand management studies, and loading studies.
- Collect, analyze and interpret traffic data to assess traffic impact and contribute to planning strategies and sustainable transportation solutions.
- Conduct travel demand forecasting, traffic modeling and graphical presentation.
- Undertake parking review and utilization studies.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and technical reports.
- Maintain complete analysis of calculations records, statistical methods and projects reports.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations.
- Liaison with various parties including clients and/or reviewing agencies.
- Prepare work plans for the proposals
- Other exciting transportation-related duties.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree with 5-6 years of progressive Transportation experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario, or a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Demonstrated proficiency/knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and commendable problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact email@example.com should you require information or assistance.