LEA Consulting is currently seeking a Transportation Planner to join our dynamic Transportation Practice Area, located in our Downtown Office. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in Transportation in the private or the public sector, and working their way for a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Registered Planner (RPP).
Why Join Us?
- Our mindset is on recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals;
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders;
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth;
- We have a work environment with flexible hours;
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential;
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing and bowling to name a few;
- We offer a competitive total compensation package
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies using a variety of tools including transportation modeling and design packages;
- Evaluate a variety of projects to identify the impact on social, environmental, and economic aspects;
- Writing technical reports and memorandums for a variety of studies, including but not limited to environmental assessments, feasibility studies, and transportation impact studies;
- Collect, analyze and interpret traffic data to assess traffic impact and contribute to planning strategies and sustainable transportation solutions;
- Conduct travel demand forecasting, traffic modeling and graphical presentation;
- Undertake transit and traffic operational assessments and priority assessments;
- Maintain complete analysis of calculations records, statistical methods and projects reports;
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations;
- Other exciting transportation-related duties.
- Post-Secondary Engineering, Planning or related Engineering degree with 1 to 2 years of Transportation experience;
- Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), working their way for a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and/or a Planning designation (RPP);
- Strong command in MS Excel/Spreadsheet;
- Strong report writing abilities;
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment;
- Team player, able to prioritize with good organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, and good problem-solving skills.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. LEA is an equal opportunity employer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.