Are you passionate about Transportation? Do you possess strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collaborative work environment? Do you possess strong project management and problem-solving skills? Then this is for you.
Join LEA’s Transportation development program as a (Transportation Professional-in-Training) and work with an elite team of Transportation professionals to gain a breadth of transportation planning/engineering experiences and introduction to a variety of specialties to reach your fullest potential.
During this 24-month rotational program, you get hands-on experience and exposure to a variety of transportation-related work, so you can develop a deeper understanding of the different perspectives that contribute to transportation planning/engineering. The program will allow you greater networking opportunities and exposure to the Transportation Practice Area's different pillars, which include Data Analytics, Policy Planning, Intelligent Transportation and Security Systems, Design and Construction and Project Management.
This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to join a team of a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a successful track record of successful projects and strong financial results.
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
- Development of an understanding of the traffic projection and forecasting methodologies.
- Development of traffic models using a variety of software packages.
- Undertaking safety reviews.
- Conducting warrant analyses for a variety of transportation infrastructure including traffic signals, stop-controls, pedestrian cross-overs, and turning lanes.
- Development of parking and loading management strategies.
- Conducting assessments of multi-modal levels of service and developing active transportation strategies.
- Development of Transportation Demand Management strategies.
- Preparing evaluation criteria and evaluations for municipal infrastructure projects.
- Summarizing technical findings for clients and authorities having jurisdictions, including through the preparation of reports, memos, and presentations.
Intelligent Transportation and Security Systems
- Researching and reporting on ITS best practices.
- Preliminary and detailed design of ITS systems involving civil, electrical, and data communications engineering knowledge and skills.
- Working with design tools like AutoCAD/MicroStation.
- Investigation and application of design standards from industry associations, provincial/municipal authorities, and vendors.
- Construction inspections, testing, and commissioning of ITS.
- Parking and payment systems design, including vehicular and pedestrian access control.
- Video analytics / AI surveillance technology.
- Basic threat risk and vulnerability assessments.
Design and Construction
- Research technical data and conduct site investigations for functional and preliminary designs for urban development projects.
- Reviewing and applying municipal bylaws and design standards.
- Working with design tools like AutoCAD/MicroStation and AutoTURN.
- Undertake the preparation of designs for construction management plans, parking and loading facilities, and new municipal infrastructure.
- Development of project plans, including scope and budget baselines, work breakdown structures, schedules, financial management, etc.
- Coordinating with technical staff and preparing key project indicators to monitor the status of the projects’ deliverables.
- Preparation of technical proposals.
- Client interaction to present findings and respond to enquires.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Planning, with knowledge in Transportation/Planning/Civil.
- Eligible to register in Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Good knowledge of transportation engineering principles and jurisdictional design guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as provincial and municipality design standards.
- Good knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Team player that shares the entrepreneurial spirit embodied by an employee-owned firm.
LEA has a vaccination policy in place that mandates all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering/working in person at any of LEA’s office locations/project sites. Further, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines as approved and recommended by Health Canada.
During these unprecedented times of the COVID-19 pandemic, LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We are also proud to provide an accessible work location and accommodate candidate accessibility needs for the interview. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require information or assistance.