What is the role?
Join LEA’s Transportation Practice area as a Project Manager and collaborate
with an elite team of Transportation Engineers and Planners to deliver a variety of Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects for the public and private sectors. This role would allow for the full management of Transportation projects and gradual advancement to leadership roles. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial success.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an Employee-Owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 69 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structural, and Construction Administration.
We have a history of delivering high-quality, widely known projects in the Transportation Practice Area, including Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Design, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Infrastructure Security Systems.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Manage and support the delivery of various Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering projects, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget and within quality standards.
- Develop project plans by defining project timeline, creating schedules, and cost estimates, and overseeing project progress to make sure deliverables are met on time within the scope and budget, for both internal multi-disciplinary teams and sub-consultants.
- Track projects, budgets, and where applicable accounts receivable, and analyze other relevant metrics related to the projects to prepare regular status reports and to make sure the projects are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide regular assessment reports to management to determine the effectiveness of the Project Management process, and project surveillance, supported by effective project performance trending and analysis.
- Proactively identify project budget and schedule problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Supervise and train staff to fulfill projects and the Transportation Practice Area objectives, this may include developing technical skills, and project management skills.
- Manage and coordinate relationships with clients, stakeholders and third parties, liaison with various parties including clients and/or reviewing agencies where applicable.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent, with 5-6 years of experience in the transportation field, with at least two to three years in Project Management or Coordination.
- Licensed or eligible to become a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) with Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) or working towards it.
- A certified Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of transportation engineering principles and jurisdictional design guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA), as well as provincial and municipality design standards.
- Good knowledge in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD/AutoTURN, Civil3D, MicroStation, Inroads, Synchro/SimTraffic, EMME, TORUS, VISSIM, AIMSUN).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented with good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Team player that shares the entrepreneurial spirit embodied by an employee-owned firm.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.