LEA is hiring a Transportation Systems Designer to join LEA's Transportation Practice Area. The successful applicant will be responsible for different aspects of systems design, from conceptual design to commissioning, for transportation projects involving Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Particularly in the areas of traffic signal control, freeway traffic management, transit management systems, infrastructure security, communications subsystems, and power distribution.
In Canada, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, LEA manages a wide range of projects and opportunities. These projects represent an excellent opportunity for young Engineers-in-Training with a passion for Intelligent Transportation Systems. We have talented mentors, and we offer on-the-job training opportunities as well as learning experiences through job rotational assignments and exposure to other fields/areas within the Transportation practice area.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm that provides consulting services for Planning, Design, and Construction Administration of infrastructure projects, including Civil, Transportation, Transit, Structures, and Infrastructure Systems projects.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts. Join LEA and unleash your potential, because:
- Our mindset is on the recruitment of like-minded high-performing individuals.
- We are employee-owned: about one-third of our employees are shareholders.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package of salary, bonus, benefits and other perks.
- We have a collaborative work environment with flexible hours.
- We balance work-life by unwinding with regular social events such as Golf Day, theatre, sporting events, canoeing, and bowling to name a few.
- We make your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- We are a medium-sized company on continuous growth and expansion.
- We prioritize employee mentorship and training opportunities to reach your fullest potential.
- We have an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging in stimulating projects with plenty of room for advancement and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop system drawings, including layout plans, communication and wiring schematics, and construction details.
- Develop project specifications, quantity calculations, and cost estimates.
- Participate in project meetings and interface with clients and other engineers.
- Prepare regular reports for various phases of the design process.
- Participate in conducting site visits, undertaking research, data collection/field surveys, data summary, and documenting observations to prepare reports relating to existing and new systems.
- Coordinate technical aspects of the work under the direction of an engineer with other departments, disciplines, and subconsultants.
- Ensure that quality control and quality assurance are implemented throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and affiliations in order to keep abreast of the latest trends, software, and technology.
- Other exciting duties and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Civil, or Systems Engineering.
- Interested and passionate about ITS, infrastructure systems, and technology.
- Experience with drafting and design software (AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to completing Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- A desire to keep learning and improving.
- Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.
- Experience with low voltage power distribution design would be an asset.
- The ability to work across Canada and internationally is an asset.
- Relevant Co-op experience is an asset and considered towards experience.
LEA has a vaccination policy that requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to entering or working at any of LEA's office locations or project sites. Furthermore, all employees must maintain all future booster vaccines in accordance with Health Canada's recommendation.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LEA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.