What is the role?
LEA's Highways sector is expanding, and we're seeking a talented and experienced Highway Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you'll collaborate with a team of skilled engineers and designers, working to enhance Ontario's transportation infrastructure. As a member of the team, you'll provide mentorship and support to junior team members, helping them to develop the skills and knowledge required for success. If you're looking to advance your career and work on exciting, challenging MTO projects, we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurial people to join a dynamic employee-owned engineering consulting firm with a solid track record of successful projects and financial results.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 70 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structures, Construction Administration, Electrical and Infrastructure Systems, and Environmental Management.
Throughout Ontario, the Transportation Infrastructure Design Practice Area contributed to the development of our infrastructure by designing bridges, highways, and underground transit stations. this is in addition to the electrical infrastructure components which include traffic signals and lighting.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential, because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Lead the detailed design activities for complex highway projects in compliance with the Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) and the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) manuals, design standards, and guidelines.
- Attend and represent LEA as an Engineer in project coordination meetings with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality project design and delivery.
- Manage and coordinate delivearbles with the design team and provide technical guidance to Project Designers on complex design issues and day-to-day project design activities.
- Develop quantity takeoff and cost estimates for highway projects.
- Perform in-field review/investigation of existing highway conditions and provide technical recommendations, as needed.
- Participate in utility coordination meetings with utility companies/representatives/owners, and manage utility conflicts to ensure compliance with design standards and guidelines.
- Mentor and coach junior team members and participate in their professional growth and development plans.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain professional growth and development through on-job design activities, seminars, and workshops.
- Perform other related tasks and duties within the scope of the practice area as assigned.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- 6-8 years of experience in managing highway projects, including planning, design, and delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Transportation Engineering principles and Jurisdictional Design Guidelines (e.g. TAC, MTO, OPSD, AODA).
- Strong knowledge of highway design principles (alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity takeoff calculation, pavement marking, signage, and constructability).
- Experience in the use of one or more of the industry-relevant software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, and InRoads/OpenRoads).
- Strategic and process-oriented, prefers to operate in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Team player and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with commendable problem-solving skills.
The work arrangement:
LEA operates in a hybrid environment to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.