What is the role?
LEA is hiring a Traffic Engineering Manager to join the Transportation Practice Area. In this role, you will lead and manage a team of transportation professionals with a focus on growing and developing the business sector and group, in alignment with LEA's corporate initiatives and growth plans. This is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to join a successful employee-owned engineering consulting firm. We have a history of delivering high-quality, widely known projects in the Transportation Practice Area, including Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Design, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Infrastructure Security Systems.
Why join LEA?
LEA is an Employee-Owned engineering consulting firm, with a history of 69 years. We provide engineering consulting services in the areas of Transportation, Civil, Structural, and Construction Administration.
We have a history of delivering high-quality, widely known projects in the Transportation Practice Area, including Transportation Planning, Traffic Engineering, Transportation Design, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Infrastructure Security Systems.
At LEA, we strive towards a common goal, which is self-realization and achieving the highest possible results. The company is owned by its employees and every effort counts.
Join LEA and discover your potential because LEA:
In this role, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recruits high-performing motivated individuals who share the desire to succeed.
- Is an Employee-owned company and almost half of our employees are shareholders.
- Offers a competitive total compensation package of salary, substantial bonuses, benefits and other perks.
- Provides a collaborative hybrid work environment with flexible hours.
- Organizes regular social events such as golf day, theatre, baseball/hockey game events, canoeing, camping, skiing, bowling, board games, volleyball and softball leagues, and charitable events.
- Hosts the best overnight holiday party in Muskoka.
- Is an organization with a higher purpose, we are committed to achieving our Environmental, Social, & Governance objectives through our various committees.
- Makes your everyday supercharged with meaning so you can point into the distance and live in the day to reach your goal.
- Prioritizes mentorship, training, and rotational assignments for knowledge advancement and career growth.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, with continuous growth and expansion taking part in meaningful projects.
The qualifications you need:
- Manage and lead the expansion of LEA’s traffic engineering group within existing regions and new regions of Ontario, and across the other provinces as part of LEA growth initiative.
- Act as an ambassador of LEA in promoting our expertise and services to current and potential new clients, leveraging previous relationships with current clients as well as building new relations.
- Oversee the delivery of a variety of transportation engineering and transportation planning studies, by leading and managing a team of transportation engineers and transportation analysts with the focus of delivering high-quality projects and achieving client satisfaction.
- Lead, advise and engage in the preparation of proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material if needed for the pursuits of various projects.
- Responsible for approving proposal fees; achieving revenue and income targets; managing utilization; and financial management.
- Monitor monthly revenue billing, costs and income to report on performance.
- Incorporate LEA’s principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in all levels of strategic planning and operations.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends.
- Other tasks and responsibilities within the scope of the Transportation Practice Area.
LEA operates on a hybrid arrangement to ensure flexibility, safety, and the well-being of everyone.
LEA is Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are incorporated into all levels of strategic planning and operational activities at LEA. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected statuses under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Additionally, we provide an accessible work environment and accommodate the accessibility needs of candidates. For information or assistance, please contact email@example.com
We thank all applicants, and we appreciate your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Consider applying again once you see an opportunity that matches your experience and career interests. We encourage you to keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn